Tuesday, August 11, 2020

[xx-21] Shoot

 

I think about all the things I need to do
I make a mind map, a post, a bowl of stew
I wonder aloud
If it's ever allowed
To give you more credit than due
 
I drink a beer and then two
I watch my cartoons go boom
I pick off some dirt
I've sullied my shirt
I wonder if I were you
Would you do too?
 
I care not for meter or measures
I indulge in my various pleasures
I rock in my chair
I pluck at my hair
The rain trickles down at its leisure
 
The night is still young though it's creeping
I fight every instinct for sleeping
I'm super keen
To snooze every meme
My tummy regrets what I'm eating
My head starts to pound
My sorrows abound
Though nothing is wrong I am thinking
 
The game is still on and I'm losing
The losers still cooing and choosing
Who lives and who dies
We're all based in lies
So better to stick to the boozing
 
I'd kill 'em if not for the kindness
The one with the powerful blindness
Of all that still comes
When the fun is undone
And we bow to the minted Your Highness
 
I struggle to fight my head pounding
The sentiment always resounding
Just wait for the day
We all get to pay
With blood in the streets no more hounding
 
I pray though in jest
For where to invest
Where do time and foresight
Entice more than a bite
Of spiteful ingrates
Who rue the dates
Their dreadful souls so born of holes
More rotten than eggs on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment