Thursday, January 3, 2008

[51] Self Esteem

To the one true God:

Why do you love? Is it because it pulls and strains your heart until you can't take it? Is it easier to shed a tear and not a miracle for those who know won't make it?
Why do you love, God, the tables are turned. Is there no reason, save for the burn? Is it the twist in your stomach for which you so yern?
Why do you love, God, fill me in please. Surely you arn't so callous needing the masses on their knees. Maybe you just ignore them as a sick twisted tease?
Why do you love, God, tell me if you will. Can't your greatest creations be snuffed out with a pill? Are those souls truly damned by your insatiable will?
Why do you love, God? Tell me the truth. Is all of our suffering a mere pain in your tooth? But if that were true, I could never love you.
Do you love, God? Or is it just my dream? Somewhere, out there, something could stand up and be proud to know me? Share in my fears, but still love what he sees? Clear my eyes when I can't see, brush the dirt from my knees, soar down into the heart of my deepest needs.You have to love, God, because surely, I could never love me.