Sunday, December 16, 2007

[48] Quick Epiphany

So I picked up a hat today and chased down the guy that forgot it. Then, as my mind always does, my mind got into religious mode. I felt so weird just doing good for the sake of good. Like I didn't even think about stealing it or what the girls around him would think when I gave it to him. My goal was, he lost it, I need to get it back to him. Its just this eerie sense of fulfillment from a freakin hat. Right for the sake of right. I'm thinking god, with his infinite bag of tricks. Everyone is out killing and raping etcetera and the only way he can relate to them and convince them they need to be good is with more killing? Granted my hat story isn't going to sell as well as the bible, but I'm writing about the feeling I got. Not to get props or sound self righteous, but seriously because I'm amazed. I know how terrible of a person I am sometimes, well, a lot of times. "God" doesn't need to remind me. But why couldn't he just tell people that nice for the sake of nice is more fulfilling and awe inspiring than constantly thinking your trash that's only worthy of repenting and praising? I have a theory on that one…..but anyways I just feel this horrifying sense towards what that message meant for humanity. God pities? So much in fact he needs to kill, quite theatrically, in the name of love. Ridiculous.