Tuesday, November 20, 2007

[44] The All TOO TYPICAL Parasitic Christian Mind

1. I definitely believe the literal truth of the Bible.(Neven, this means that you have to kill me. If you don't know how often god kills people for being heretics and not believing in your faith then you haven't read the bible. You honestly believe the world was created in 6 days? I can't believe you think you should stone your devirginized wife either) I follow it word by it sure proof that it's the word of God.(There is a book called "Misquoting Jesus" that you should read. Man wrote the bible. Man makes mistakes and people have agendas, just because you say you believe something doesn't not prove ANYTHING.) The fulfilled prophecies, promises, how the Bible goes hand in hand with today's events happening in the world. I mean come on. (Neven, find me one prophecy that has been fulfilled word for word. There isn't one. The same things you call "fulfilled prophecy" now are just disasters that people tried to call fulfilled prophecy then. This doesn't make any sense at all.) There's a book out there called the "Evidence Bible" and it shows scientific(real scientists with faith and lack of faith) proof why the Bible is true in its words and how it correlates right back to God.(No one is god! No one can say they talk to god or claim to know ANYTHING about him if he existed.  Read a newspaper and a Bible. They go right with each other. It's almost scary.(The news is completely manipulated by corporations and people with agendas to keep you living in fear. Just because you read some biased bullshit article on the end of days or prophecy does not prove anything other than your gullible.)

2. I was brought up in a Christian home, but that doesn't mean I was Christian. I was young so the "God" thing really didn't catch my full attention. I decided to be a Christian on my own becuase I told myself I can be wrong about this.
(So you believe out of fear? Better to believe and go to heaven than not and go to hell? That's a pretty shitty reason in my opinion. You love god so much that you obey out of fear. How strong your faith must be) Every Sunday I went to church, the truth and proven evidence flowed within the room.(What evidence! What do you call evidence? You can call anything evidence, but if it doesn't exist in the real world to be tested and proved, you don't make ANY sense) And that's when I realized that God is really real and Christ did die for me and took my punishment in my behalf so I wouldn't be guilty on the day of Judgment.(Neven, what are you guilty of? Original sin right? You are damned to burn forever because a person that never existed ate an apple? That doesn't sound a little fucked up to you? Don't you want to do something wrong first before your judged? God loves you so much that he lets a super powered demon beast fuck with your feeble human mind? that's not a kind of love I want and don't understand why you do. Who was god trying to impress when he had Christ killed? If he was Christ then god was judge, jury, and victim?  And that's how I became a Christian, and I'm happier than I ever been. I continue to be blessed and I know these are not mere concidences.(These? These what? What coincidence are you talking about? No, thinking is not a coincidence. Coming to random conclusions about the your fate based on NOTHING is creepy and confuses me.

3. I'm glad you ask this question. When you look at a building Nick, how do you know a builder build it. Well, because of the visible proof of the building. You know somebody hade to make it, build it, or whatever.
(So you believe in visible proof? Then what does God look like?) When you look at a painting Nick, how do you know a painter painted it. Well, because of the visible proof of the painting proves the painter exists. Somebody had to paint it, it didn't paint itself. And the same with creation. The moon, stars, mountains, animals, oceans, us people. We are the proof that a Creator exist(God).(NO, you obviously know NOTHING about the nature of matter, quantum mechanics, or evolution. Hell look into metaphysics and think yourself so important "proof"? We didn't make ourselves by chance, we were created in God's image.(NOONE says we god here by CHANCE. Evolution is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF CHANCE. I don't know why you would ever say such a thing.  Everything has a maker.(If everything has a maker then what made your god? YOU DID. And if god was just always here then why can't the universe be called god? We don't know exactly how it got here either) A building has builder. A painting has a painter. And creation has a God. And you have a conscious Nick given to you by God so you will know right from wrong.(Wrong again, I have evolutionary reasons to have "right" and "wrong" everyone follows their own rules that semi fit in with some bigger set of IDEALS that NOONE really follows completely. If you weren't "good" growing up you wouldn't eat or even be able to live. If you were bad, especially with your mom, you'd get in trouble. It's called cause and effect, not god's inspired word. You can't say you don't have a conscious becuase every one has one.(I never said I didn't have a conscious, and some people conscious is not running by the same rules as yours. There are plenty of reasoned and logically thought out ideas that you would never agree with, and by the way, there being thought up and acted upon "for Christ." In Romans in the Bible, it says God has given light(a conscious) to every creature so they will know right from wrong. I don't need FAITH, MY PARENTS, AP PREACHER, THE BIBLE, CHRISTIAN LEADERS, OR ANYONE prove to me that God exist. All I need is eyes that can see and a mind that can reason and use common sense. Plus look at us Nick, we made with a design. Look at our eyes, hands.( Our eyes fall well short of "perfect" or best designed by god. There are animals living today that could see shit coming eons before we could. And MANY MANY parts of our bodies, the knees, eyes, prostate, appendix, and digestive system are just a few of the things that fuck up all the time and aren't as good as other animals.) They all made with purpose, not chance. Even Charles Darwin quoted that the eyeball can't be formed simply by natural selection, that it is impossible.(First off, have you read anything by Darwin, and what have you? Second Darwin was completely atheistic, I've read his books and about him so if you want to argue about people at least do your research first) So even Charles Darwin, the creator of the evolution idea, concluded by saying maybe God does exist(you can conclude this from the context clues, it's only evolution or there's a God, nothing else). That it makes sense. But every scientist loves to discard this quote. I wonder why.(Find me this quote, simple enough)

4. Previous pagan religions didn't really have Gods I think.
(THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING YOU'VE SAID SO FAR. Paganism is what CHRISTIANITY IS BASED OFF OF. The same things you say about Jesus or the bible is what was said about the pagan gods. The virgin birth, the resurrection, the visits from wise men etc. Look up the old gods of Mithra and Dionysus if you only want 2 of the god's who had Jesus' story before he was born.) They thought they're gods were useless.(They thought their god's were responsible for EVERYTHING. How could someone ever create a god and think that it was useless? That doesn't make any sense and I can't even argue with you here until you read even one book on what paganism even was.) They grow on more individuality and their own spiritual growth rather than believing in a good vs. evil.

5. I have never in my life have read those books. Quite honeslty, I don't think I want to. I think you should stop picking up those crazy books that think they know about God, and they don't.
(Never, no one knows about your personal "god" of whatever the hell you want to call it. these books don't argue god. They talk about history, they talk about all the wars and fighting and bullshit that reigns in the name of a deity that is supposed to be all forgiving, loving, and peaceful. The are biology book sand ..aries about who wrote the bible, where it came from, and why the version we have today is nothing like what it would have been originally.)  Their opinions are coming out of their butts(some claim they used to know God, and now they don't, I don't buy it. (Their FACTS are coming from evidence, looking at the real world and saying what IS HAPPENING today and what has happened in the past. There people read more books and study more things than you and I can even fathom at our ages. They have doctorates in biology, philosophy, they graduste from Oxford and Harvard. They want to learn, and more importantly they want to see change and a better world not filled with violence over and idea that NOONE CAN PROVE. To me, they're not trying to learn, they just trying to convince people its easier to not believe in something) and my opinions are coming from actual experiences.(What experiences? Of course its easier to just accept "all the answers," but I'm sorry I'm not five anymore and I can't just believe something because someone said so. I don't trust people, I don't know why you do. If you lived in an Isamic nation you would say the same things about that religion as you would Christianity. If you don't think any of your mind has been formed by your manipulative mom or upbringing your wrong. People are "designed" by evolution to listen to authority in order to survive. They aren't supposed to be controlled by some subjective idealist that is pushing their own agenda.  Read the Bible, not those crazy books. (I've read the bible, there is nothing more dangerous or telling of human nature that I could ever read.) Only thing they are doing is shrouding your mind. Your are a smart man and are smarter than those books to make your own decison about God.

6. The world without religion would be chaos.
(That is utterly ridiculous. If people focused on just loving and living instead of pushing "god's agenda" there would still be violence and hatred, but there would be more people feeling guilty and less likely to do things they have to feel responsible for. If the world would be in chaos how would we ever get started before "religion" was ever a thing people worried about? Why aren't the prisons filled with atheists and agnostics? They aren't so don't even try to tell me they are, another area I've read into. What do you have to say about the Inquisition if you want to talk about chaos? Crime rates would be up. People would be stealing frequently and getting away with it. And no God, there would be no guidance. (If I don't believe and am not stealing all the time and being the unguided unreligious person how do you explain me? The devil made me read and get smarter? The devil makes me love nikki and my family?  We would be a bee hive with no queen bee. I don't even want to imagine a world without religion. That's too risky. (This just shows you how your environment as taught you to be afraid)

7. I get my morals from my conscious that God has given me and you Nick. You might say how do I know morals weren't learned from society.
(they were, I don't realize if you knew, but the bible advocated slavery. If you believe in the literal word you would think slavery and raping concubines and other's wives is ok. And if you don't believe in those parts of the bible and you cherry pick it like everyone else, by what standard are you choosing certain parts of "god's" word? You can't tell me you listening to "god" to only hear other parts of "god." Well imagine yourself in a courtroom, a criminal kills his wife, sister mother, and father. The reason he said he killed them was becuase he wasn't taught morals from society. And the judge lets him go because of it. This would be ridiculous. You know darn well he knows murder is wrong. Why does he know it? It's because of his conscious.(He knows murder is wrong because its going to get him killed right back. Some people can kill. They can kill even easier when they don't feel like their the one's doing it. If its done for god, quoted from the bible, they can be a happy murderer. Without religion you would have good people doing good things and bad people doing bad things, for good people to do bad things, that takes religion.)

8. If I converted to another religion, I don't think my parents would care that much
(So your parents wouldn't care about your eternal soul that much, oooookkkkkayyyyy.). They would be upset, but they know it's my choice. It's like saying if I wanted to be gay. They know the moral thing is to be straight in our society.(How is it moral to be straight? Your telling me you don't know ANY moral gay people? Your gonna be in shock when you get to college. Its also studied biologically and backd by evidence the reasons that people can't choose to be gay and just are. Maybe something else you should read about) But what can they do. It be like my parents having a cure or medicine for me which is Christianity to heal my sickness. And I don't want it for some reason. (So one day when your dying of cancer you want a prayer circle instead of kemo therapy?)  They can make me take it. You see where I'm kinda going with this?

9. Extremists in Christianity has nothing to do with Christianity.
(Neven, how can you possibly say that? If people are doing bad things in the name of Christ what sense does it make to say they have nothing to do with Christianity? They have everything to do with it. they have the scary aspect, the main reason I fear and hate people who don't look before they leap. There are people that are willing to blow up the country in order to fill some bullshit prophecy. Here's an idea, lets know what the prophecy is supposed to be and then be surprised when purposely act to make it come true. I predict I'll save this convo, god told me so, wait and see if it happens.) There are two different kind of Christians.(NO there are Christians that live in dogma that they ignore and don't think about, and there are Christians that do literally acts because they interpret one thing or another to make them do "good" and "bad" things. The ones that come to you in love and try to share their faith with you without disrespect. The other kind is the "so-called"(keyword) Christians that want your money and stand up on buildings and say "Your'e going to hell", "Jesus is better than beer", "Turn or burn". This is not God's will.(This is exactly god's will, have you ever read the old testament? Nothing has killed, been more racists, anti-Semitic, misogynistic, narcissistic, or angry than Yahweh   Jesus didn't do this when sharing his faith. In the Bible, it says we Christians are in the midst of, meaning we are mixed with hypocrites, and people who say they do good things and but don't. You see, on the day of Judgment, God is going to sort them all out from the righteous and unrighteous. And the people, who say"Turn or burn", they are going to be the ones headed far south. No one is responsible for these extremists. Well, except the Devil. (The fucking devil is not responsible for ANYTHING. THAT IS A COMPLETE COP OUT. When someone can't take the responsibility for their own dirty hands they blame either god or the devil. When they can't understand something they blame god or the devil. When they get lazy and don't care to think about what or are scared of what the answers may be they blame god or the devil. If you try to say the devil does anything your are scared of taking responsibility, even part of the responsibility, for the terrible things that people do in the name of your shared faith. The extremists are ultimately responsible for the extremists, you and I are responsible for the extremist. We will be the ones to make them stop and try to work in the word of actual proof and reason. Fuck the devil. If you think he has ever influenced you or is influencing you or the world around you then I'm at a loss for what else to really say to you...:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />