Tuesday, October 4, 2011

[248] Empty

Let’s see how I can jumble all of my thoughts tonight.

I don’t always mean to come off as dismissive. I’ve adopted a particular nature that seeks the taboo, the novel, the perverse, the “morally ambiguous” at times. I feel I am a direct result of reacting to my environment in a way that doesn’t put ridiculous amounts of stress upon me, and direct statements or rules about how and why I’m going to behave certain ways. Many times these rules are established after perhaps years of a mental battle or struggle that finally “resolved” into an aspect of my disposition.

I have the conflict of wanting to be understood without making myself easy to understand. I don’t think that everything can simply be explained, despite how brilliantly it is laid out, and another person will go “okay” and forever their life is changed. At the same time, I hate to think, and am frequently annoyed by, the notion that so much time and pain need to be spent in order for some things to be figured out.

It’s not so much that I think I have any one person so well figured out. I would never presume to be explicitly in someone’s head. I do like to show how there are ways of dealing with things that have proven to help others can help you as well. More often than not, they’ve helped me. At the very least, I like when people are able to actually put words to what they think is an actual problem. The odd thing being, hardly one is ever clearly dictated.

There’s always a problem. Something is always wrong, be it with your money situation, your relationships, your grades what have you. Your perspective on the very word “problem” flavors all of it. I have a problem, a potentially serious one with my plumbing in the kiosk. I genuinely want and am capable of going to the plumber and saying “You mother fucker, how can you justify setting this up a certain way, any idiot can tell this could flood, fuck me, cost me money. Not only are you irresponsible, you never pick up your fucking phone and your stupid fucking wife, regardless of how sweet she can sound on the phone, is so far up her own bullshit agenda is writing me off making it all the more difficult to get my shit up and running and pay my fucking bills.” And it feels that way, and I feel angry.

These are people I’ve paid $1000 dollars to. If they aren’t satisfying what is clearly reasonable to assume as their responsibility to do a job that doesn’t put me at undue risk, what am I left to do but get angry? How do I respond to someone who puts up their hands and goes “I don’t know what to tell you?”

I don’t think people have the best intentions. I so very rarely “focus on the positives” I could literally bang my head against a wall at points until the throbbing and utter disgust overwhelm me past the point of thinking anymore. Every step of the way is a battle. It’s not the fight I hate; it’s the fact that it’s unnecessary. It’s the fact that I genuinely don’t want to be filled with this practical and pragmatic calculating hatred, and yet people “ever so accidentally” give me every reason to maintain it. Everyone plays dumb or innocent.

It’s this shadow of blatant stupidity and denial I want to be rid of. It’s this passive aggressive “polite” conversation that spits in the face of reality. It’s these empty platitudes you get served and swallow so that you can gain an inch. How much shit I’ve had to take just to sell coffee? Should I really be humbled by the pursuit of running a business that no matter how much you’re willing to work, literally other people’s “busy schedules” and callous treatment of your time will dictate your success? Unless you physically compel them or pour money at their feet, nothing gets done in any way resembling a smart, correct, or efficient manner?

It’s more than sickening; it’s demoralizing. It literally sucks my will to put any effort into caring about shit. I understand the game, I’m playing the game, but I can’t sustain myself on this game. I need to change something or remove myself from it. More than I’m averse to pain, I’m violently hurling myself away from feeling hopeless. Whether it’s talking about friends opting for long term mental turmoil and significant emotional scarring or every “too telling” interaction I have with someone I have to cut a check to, the hopelessness is just…


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Money. Not even what it does, just the emotional gratification it imparts. It doesn’t matter how much you have, all that matters is what it elicits in other people when you use it. My manipulative nature understands this and compels me to put up with too much bullshit in the name of what I see myself doing with money. Do I think I can buy people’s moral servitude? I already know what they’re willing to put up with, what they’re capable of, what I’ve been capable of putting up with. I must know it for certain. I can achieve any end. I can calculate, specifically to the last dollar, how much it will cost to run an agenda. And as quickly as the money shifts, when the emotional tit has been sucked dry, it’ll be on to the next ripest bosom.

We aren’t moral creatures. We’re creatures. A creature will put the electrical box next to the plumbing which might have reason to clog/flood over time because another creature doesn’t really care or (if the benefit of the doubt is to be given) never learned that drains can and always do clog. Creatures will expect your rent due despite a full understanding and appreciation for the extenuating circumstances having nothing to do with your negligence or laziness cause you to open late. Creatures will try to pawn off the blame of their employees for damaging your property in the face of said employees admitting to your “mere speculation.”


As my struggle with definitions that put anything “human” into humanity carries on, I’ll always think back to the relationships I’ve built and work on. My warning sign will be when I go into isolation and want nothing to do with the only things that ever pull me out of these horribly fucked up sadistic empty shithole places. I fucking hate everything; including the shit I’m under the impression I “have to” do in order to keep pretending I’m capable of changing any of it.