Saturday, October 20, 2012

[307] The Taskmaster

Is there any problem that can’t be solved? When you reassess the nature of problems, give them a context or set of conditions, it feels like everything is solved. The information isn’t being invented, it's discovered. The pursuit and elation in tackling something bigger than yourself is itself another ongoing discovered solution. It’s in how you frame the question. It’s in what you define as a problem. It’s in your ability to anticipate, which begets a certain order, or logic, to your perception.

In that sense, if you take someone with a problem, or constant problems, all that’s really happened is a perceptional rut that they, at some important level, feel they can anticipate. It may make them feel stressed, but it’s stress they understand, stress they can rely on, or stress that signals to them it’s time to move on to the next step. If they don’t feel like they’re going anywhere or if there’s nothing to be won, then that’s where they are and it’s right where they’ll be. It’s orienting in a potentially ever-expanding space.

Not to get too inside my head though. I think the better you want to play “culture of today human” the more stress and heartache you’ll find. Culture is a deliberate attempt to orient something we don’t really understand. The rules are superficial at best, antithetical to sense and happiness at worst. The color of your sacred garb or the amount of times you bow are arbitrary. I wonder the impact of being maybe sub-consciously aware of this bombardment of the absurd has on our self-esteem and ability to shape a personality.

It’s because we desperately want to fit in. It doesn’t matter if it’s dumb, it matters that everyone else is doing it. We get nice brain and tummy feelings that are not picky about the fact that they get to feel nice. There’s a problem in “trying” to fit in and not just realizing that you already do. The fact of your existence, your ability to even feel shitty about that fact, is you fitting in. There is literally nowhere else you could go or squeeze into as far as this universe is concerned.

I think my nature stems from an intimidating level of acceptance. I know enough of the rules to flirt until the cops get called, but nothing stopped me from pushing it until they did. When I need proof of my ability, I manifest proof, every time. When I don’t, I’m not trying to impress or stress about what “it all means” because I fundamentally accept how quickly and dramatically I can change my mind if I heard a better reason to care in such a fashion. It’s rather disheartening that people don’t understand it this way. They’re content just saying they don’t like you.

I think my ideas and behavior are boiling down more to a sense of responsibility than honesty anymore. It’s mostly because it’s not really a secret what I think or feel about things than some dire need to start lying all the time. If I’m “just here” wherever that is, I should try to be the best example of that as I can. To me, that’s advocating and living like how I think. For example, if I really don’t believe in marriage, I’m not getting married, and it won’t be “because I feel that way” it’ll be with as many words as it takes for it to click why. From what I eat to whom I associate with should all warrant such an explanation if so called upon.

There’s a responsibility to the logic and how it orients you against the other players. I always come back to religion. I’d never argue or say “I tripped balls and really felt emotional or connected to something like god, so time to negate all that thinking I’ve done these last 9 or so years.” I hope my explanations of things come across as that, explanations, and not desperate pleas for you to buy my bullshit. When I’m boring, I don’t feel bored, when I’m alone I don’t feel lonely, and when I’m confused or frustrated, I’m not willing to let those become anything more than the moments I have to experience them about the tasks at hand. This is not the norm, apparently, so in that respect it’s isolating and empty, but not for the fullness of my understanding.

My biggest problem in life is that I have no problems.