Tuesday, October 2, 2012

[305] My Balls Itch

So part of taking responsibility for the world is a propensity to redefine everything you do in the context of a larger picture. If I eat shitty food, it’s not that I’m drunk and it’s delicious, I’m letting everyone know that someone under these circumstances is “good” or justified in indulging in a horrible for you meal for any number of potentially incoherent reasons. If I flirt, I’m shouting the world that someone of my level of attractiveness is dignifying the person on the other end as a viable fuck-around partner or at the very least a being well-enough to converse and spend time with. It’s like you’re given a stamp that, for people who are respectful of stamps, when you use it it’s an all guiding light to what “matters” or is “relevant” to your position in life.

The ability to step back and characterize everything as old hat or part of a larger system is inescapable. I can’t go to the bars and see people having a good time. I can’t even judge them as I’d like. They are all ignoring the years before them when they’re parents said the same things and felt, if not still feel, the anxiety and societal pressures to behave a certain way to snag a mate whether it’s for the night or long enough to have kids with. At the end, it’s a game and there are rules you’re either savvy to or conflicted by.

I have a hard time considering myself. I don’t know if I’m smart, or just have spent too much time in a certain kind of mind frame or have maybe just been “damaged” in a way that isn’t really quantified until something goes significantly wrong. My disregard isn’t so much practice as it is inevitable. I don’t’ know how else to view people as anything but the sea of endless self-perpetuating problems that go above and beyond in ways to disappoint and seemingly doom the kind of world I’d like to see in the future. It’s not enough for me to consider a “nice” person. I’m not compelled by anecdotes and allegiances. I have no moral code that puts humanity or its life force at the top of some superficial pyramid. You just behave a certain way and it either works or doesn’t for what seems to be necessary for a healthy future.

I’m a product of habit. If and when I get everything I want in the future, I understand that it will be because I’m not willing to give up. I don’t take failure as failure. I learn and adapt and try to apply what I’ve learned to the next situation. When that’s the case, it’s practically inevitable that when x under y conditions will get to some form of z. But it’s always a game. It’s always my agenda verses how the world is “actually” run. The weirdest thing is that I don’t think I have anything real to gain. I don’t think there is anything to win beyond the personal satisfaction of “I told you so.”

I fundamentally don’t believe in the human species. If I did, I might find myself respecting or even marginally liking the majority. I hate how slow we are, how scared we are, and how impossibly closed minded we are to learning new things or changing in light of evidence. I see us as ridiculously too quick to get numb and not care about the things that have even managed to arrive at our doorstep. So when I get on my “mission” to change culture. When I want to be surrounded by people of the same mindset and capabilities that you could interchange the jobs or responsibilities in life and everything would run smooth regardless, I know it’s still a fool’s errand.

I’m shooting for the opportunity to live in a microcosm of the kind of world that I think will sustain itself longest. It can’t last forever. Every ideal I espouse will have been conjured up before I got around to thinking of it. Special sciences will have already existed to give me the how and why I should structure something one way over another. To try and squeeze out what is quintessentially “me” will be the burden of those choosing to get involved. Whether it’s the “best” or “most right” will be always utterly under question given the ever changing times or circumstances.

I just find myself judging everything, all the fucking time. I don’t see a sense of caring or understanding. I don’t see a burden. I don’t feel your obligation. I don’t believe you are anything but your day to day struggle to grasp your pathetic life quandaries that have been more resolved by history than the question of who wrote the diary of Anne Frank. I’m not hopeful. I’m not optimistic. I do things out of scorn and spite for what’s taken for granted.

I don’t know how to explain how motivated I am to do so much in utter spite of itself. I do not believe in anything. I only know my effort. I only know what I’ve done or what I’m seemingly capable of. I have no faith. I have no hope. I have nothing to suggest that I have any reason to live other than my perpetual decision to give myself reasons to. If I get everything I want in life, it will still all be a game, a joke in front of the bigger screen telling a truer story. And it’s so ridiculously weird to think about.

With every last breath I have to refute sounding like an angst ridden teenager, I don’t know how to express how alone I feel. I can read the philosophers. I can chat with the smart people. I can derive endless excuses and explanations for how and where I’m coming from that would seemingly align with resolute and dignified positions that came well before I ever got to them, but none of them are the nail on the head. I still manage to find a level of isolation that I wish just stemmed from some egocentric or pretentious place. I wish it was easy to be called naïve. I wish I wasn’t so sure of the consequences.

I’m not allowed to “give up.” And what does that even mean in the context of not having a belief in what you’re doing in the first place? I understand what can result; I don’t have some moral high ground or infinitely inaccessible reason for its establishment other than what it looks like juxtaposed to what’s happening currently. Take that derivative anti-relativist morality.

As long as I care “in spite” there will be a problem. As long as I do things out of desperation or exhaustion, the fundamental issues with society I can be assured are not being addressed. I don’t know how to let go of the hatred. I don’t know how to justify letting things “be.” I don’t know how to pretend for someone’s own good. And I definitely have no fucking clue how to go about tackling problems that no one knows how to fucking talk about. Suppose I’ll just stick to this little corner and keep shouting into the wind.