Friday, May 11, 2012

[282] Stupid Lucky

Sometimes I look at my life and say I’m too lucky. I think the real problem is any time I look at it and not feeling that initially. Don’t get me wrong, for the most part I absolutely do, but sometimes it just sinks in deeper than I know what to do with.

I’m stupid lucky. Everything about my circumstance is a gift. I don’t really think I know what it means to not feel indebted at this point. I don’t know if I’m ever allowed to shut up about my friends. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to convey the impact you have on my life. I’m a mere reflection of the company I keep. I truly don’t know who I am without the context of you.

I know people who are willing to be honest to the point of alienating themselves. I know people who are willing to give all of themselves to a moment without a second thought. I know the value of honesty when people are willing to be open with me about some shit going on in their life. I get to take any and all strife from my life and reduce it to a spec under the overall plan of the future I envision for me and my friends.

The last three or so days has just laid this down hard. I’m spending my time with the most amazing people I could possibly know. I don’t know how I deserve it. I don’t know why I’m allowed to have such positive thoughts about us or the future. I don’t really understand what I’m supposed to do with such circumstances.

I love you all and I don’t even believe in the word love.