Tuesday, May 1, 2012

[279] Let’s Get Ready To Rumbooooooooowl

Handle yo bidness!

This feels at least like the American ethic if perhaps not the one we’ve infected the rest of the world with. The fact is it’s personal. I didn’t say that loud enough. IT’S PERSONAL!!!! Caps save the day again.

We will never escape our little cavernous heads. Oh shit, time to freak out. As much as we’d like to project and predict, there’s a hint of lonely little “me” stuck wandering through the darkness of solipsistic muck.

I’ve been thinking about the utility of drama. I go on a number of digressions about my friends and the potential motivations/reactions to information. I don’t feel brought down or stressed out. It’s just a mental exercise. It’s fun to think about how who feels what given so and so fucked around with whomever while them and they said this and that flavoring the situation in such a manner. And of course it doesn’t have to revolve around sex, but go figure that’s where my mind would go first, right?

Every single person has their own stake in the game. Collaborate effort only works when people lose their identity. I don’t feel like “Nick P.” when I’m in an intense concert situation with a group of friends. I’m just a head of hair that happens to have hands and legs that manage to find the beat. Of course that isn’t the majority of our experience, and I think that speaks heavily to why things don’t get done.

Nothing escapes your small perspective. Me and the kiosk; I can get fucked for 9 grand and no one’s really empathizing with that. I have to allow the situation to mold me or not. I have to chalk it up to a lesson learned or a point to retaliate. Everyone is very happy to sit and listen to the story afterward, provided I don’t go on too long. Any and every relationship is the same way. It’s all special and amazing how he/she makes you feel. Dude, you just wouldn’t understand. But, at the end of the day, it’s very important you deny certain things, or at least ignore, suppress, or hold in less esteem to keep things going. (more on this later)

It’s seemingly impossible for people to evaluate in terms of how things could work. You have to be lucky that circumstances played out from time to time in your favor. It robs us of our agency. It takes work to empathize. It should take effort to build relationships. The last thing I’d be comfortable with is thinking the people I like and chill with are purely because we all live in Bloomington.


I think we allow our awareness to get trapped in order to feel comfortable. Whether it’s a job or school track, boy/girlfriend, “spirituality”, pick your poison. I discuss drama like it’s a tv show. I pick friends like my life depends on it. I clearly have to believe there’s more going on than the boring surface shit and fuck me if I don’t want to pick at you to get to it.