Sunday, May 18, 2008

[90] It's Just So, Damn, S.E.X..Y? Because I Gotta

Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 6:42am

I don’t really know where this will go, but I think I wanted to include sex and the god concept somewhere. Let’s just start with sex. What makes it either really important or a fringe benefit to people? I’m rather confused so I’m using this as an open forum if you’d like to chime in. Personally, I think there’s so much more you can get from a person through talking or those understood looks than just sex alone. That doesn’t detract from any fun you may have in such times, but I would argue that having sex barely scrapes the surface of any real sort of relationship. I mean think about it, I’m sure there are plenty of people that would say something like “O, it’s just so special when you feel like you’re in love” but then have they ever just been so freaking horny at the right time with a horse cock of a guy who would pump them like a juicing madman with a shotgun? Going the distance or making you sore doesn’t translate into how much they really love you. Please. Willing to swab out your mouth after he’s just blown it down your throat….ya, I had three people vote that was okay and indulged in….may translate as part of the “love” for them, but aside from being completely grossed out and unable to laugh when I bring it up, I’m not buying it. And then you have the opposite end of the spectrum. Not necessarily wanton flings, but people who definitely don’t think anything beyond a good, or random and unexpectedly bad, time between people. The divide isn’t always between religious beliefs or not either, which is why I find the question rather intriguing. I mean there’s all sorts of intellectual reasons like being smart to be wary of diseases or pregnancy, but those are generally in the clear if you can remember to wrap up and ask for the test results if you’re in college. I’m really tired of hearing “It’s just a personal choice…..” bull crap. People pull that about anything they don’t have a good or bad reason behind why they think something. It really gets old. Everything is a personal choice. Thanks for just highlighting a fact and going nowhere. Let’s pretend like there are reasons and feelings we get before we do or do not do something and discuss those. I have one friend for example who would face so much b/s for hooking up with her boyfriend from her religious friends. Old story right? All I’m thinking is, duh! What the hell else do boyfriends and girlfriends do? One of those fun facts about our country is the highest rates of sexual related crimes in the world. In Asian their fucking eels and we’re barely making it to horses, and while I’m hoping neither sound too appealing to you, there’s a lesson to be learned in sexual repression. I watched this thing on VH1 too about how the 60’s went….ya, those people and sex. But, there was still something underpinning that theme which I believe much of our country is ignoring or forgetting. There is a true sense of freedom, self expression, and self value if able to accept yourself enough to not be (cliché) so uptight. No, this doesn’t mean you should start randomly screwing people in the street, though admittedly I’d probably watch if I had nowhere to be, but I believe this is yet another thing in which not enough people fully think about beyond “well, because.”

When it comes to the whole religious aspect, I can only think of one relationship that has lasted for like three years where I’m all but assuming the drive downtown hasn’t been taken and that is assuredly because of the religious mindset. Now in this one instance I’m glad I believe this, but that’s for purely biased reasons you don’t need to concern yourself with. I think it’s funny to hear about the Jesus stories that include him with a wife and people thinking about him getting down. Then it’s like “Aye, wtf man, all this time I’ve been thinking I’ll burn for eternity for getting my rocks off and turns out you still got yours?” Another thing for those sex can wait advocates is whether or not their getting themselves off. I bet it’s like waiting so long that it becomes a revelation and just translates into another religious experience. “I came 7 feet across the room square into the middle of His forehead and knew it was a sign.” Then you eventually find out your wife’s a squirter and you all but fall to your knees in thankful tears right there. I just like to think about what’s going on mentally. I’m focused on those empirical facts and such, what can be proven to be going on in those kinds of minds. Obviously, whether it be through tradition or iron wills, women appear to be better at coping and remaining productive, but what of those poor males? It was simply funny to hear of my uncles friend who thought of joining a seminary and had to leave because he was getting hit on too often. Not implying, just saying ;). That whole discussion about the sanctity of marriage comes up then. Not to sound like countless comedians, but give me a break. “Yes, I want to be so emotionally and financially attached to this person for so long that it becomes basically unbearable to live w/o them, even though I know one day I may come to hate everything about them or they could break my heart and exist as if I never had.” Sign me up. Makes bleeding on their bed sheets all the more sacred then right? Bigger risk translates to more importance or something.

There’s a difference between having sex with someone and getting mercilessly fucked and degraded by them as well. You can do a boyfriend you like. You having a train run at you at a party you won’t remember, is borderline slutty. But that’s just my opinion. When it comes down to it, I think people should just be more lighthearted about the whole thing. I mean it’s like I’ve said before, God just wanted a BJ from Mary, drenched her tits, and then she a took few finger fulls and worked it around inside. Jesus is just the byproduct of selfish baby mama drama. You know why he disappeared from 13-30? His whole life was her bitching about child support an unanswered calls. God didn’t stop prayer from working because he doesn’t exist, he just had to cut her off somehow. Let’s be logical about this. First chance he got Jesus hitched a donkey and was like screw this. Now you’re probably thinking “Nick, if God was going to cum on someone, don’t you think it’d be a little obvious and more grandiose than say, Peter North?” Of course, and very insightful. But you must remember, God’s invisible, therefore just like when people say “I can feel it in my heart” Mary said, “Well I bet this isn’t melted marshmello on my tits.” Though having came from heaven my money is on it being much much sweeter than our sin juice of today. And you wondered where diabetes came from, duh.

You ever get left field of what you were originally talking about and start getting creative? Anyway, with that whole It’s a personal choice business, it only resonates with how people will say “You’re not talking about my God or not referring to my personal relationship.” Whether you want to pawn off your bad answer on a god or not doesn’t stop you from pawing off the answer. The “spiritualists” of today will always talk about Dawkins as mischaracterizing what most Christians of today believe. I think it’s important to elaborate on the fact that there is no such thing as “most Christians” believing in anything beyond one statement. “I have a personal relationship with Jesus.” All this translate to me of course is “I have (perhaps)a lot of inner dialogue going on and the other voice in my head came from the parts of the bible I like and remember.” It was funny to watch a panel of people discuss where Dawkins was wrong, one guy talking about how true the Koran is and what Mohamed had to go through in his life, the next guy saying the same spiel about Jesus and the bible, and then the “spiritualist” who frequently had to state that her notion of god wasn’t about what she could prove, just that inner conviction. I’d just like to state for the record, if it was totally acceptable for people to act on their inner convictions, and then feel totally happy and convinced they are right, this would be a shit world for what I would do alone let alone people en masse. I want people to realize that saying anything about Jesus, a god, “beliefs,” “personal choice,” etc. are non answers. If you use these you haven’t gone far enough or learned anything about yourself. News flash for anyone willing to believe I’m not ridiculous for telling you as such, you probably won’t find “happier” answers, but they will at least be more true than the vapid excuses above. It’s like when someone kicks a dog because it crapped in the house. They didn’t kick the dog because it crapped in the house, they kicked the dog because uncle Steve touched them when they were a kid. Your weird stare at the analogy aside, please for the sake of humanity and intellectual honesty, find out where you’ve been touched.
Updated about 6 months ago

Billy Bowman (Bloomington, IN) wroteat 11:24am on May 18th, 2008
"but I would argue that having sex barely scrapes the surface of any real sort of relationship."
Couldn't agree with you more there. I personally don't believe in just having sex with anyone, and we actually has a discussion about this in the lounge. Without bringing religion into the picture, for me and a few others in the discussion, sex is very emotional. It's just not something we want to do with anyone, we want to do it only with someone we really love. As for why I feel that way, I'm really not sure.. the thought of fucking any random hot chick is repulsive to me, but when i think about it with a girl i've been with for a long time, and really truly love... it's... i don't know how to explain it.

On the other side, others (like 99% of people?) find it to just be really fucking fun (pun intended). They have no emotional attachment to sex, and are willing to do it with anyone simply because of the physical pleasure it brings.
Report - Delete



Billy Bowman (Bloomington, IN) wroteat 11:28am on May 18th, 2008
Apparently my comment was too long, so i must continue here.

If i were to address the issue of religion, I know the bible says not to do it until your married, but there are also passages regarding what is sin. In these passages it's kind of vague and basically sort of says that sin is anything you do that deep down you know is immoral. Know, for someone going around to parties and fucking drunk girls, deep down they know this is immoral. They might not care, but they know it is. They know if they went and told a bunch of other people, half of them would punch them in the face. (i'd be one of them for the record). Now, if two consenting individuals are doing it just because it's fun, and there's no real emotion involved, the church would without a doubt call that sin. I'd disagree, however, because really I can't find anything morally wrong with it except that "the bible says so", which is a HORRIBLE reason to do or not do anything, even for a religious zealot.
Report - Delete



Billy Bowman (Bloomington, IN) wroteat 11:35am on May 18th, 2008
If it were two people who were truly in love, had been together for a while, etc etc.. i could actually see many members of the church agreeing that is not a sin. I find this strange considering by their book they should be sticking to that "bible says so" bit, but it gives me some hope that they aren't completely retarded and mindless drones.
Trying to think as to why the bible says to wait until your married, I really find only one logical explanation (assuming they didn't have the same disease issues back then): to prevent children out of wedlock, which even in todays society very often grow up with issues (and arguably as do many children raised in a single parent home via divorce). Assuming that's the reason, and even factoring in disease, we have ways to prevent both things (and even undo some of them after the fact). So, logically at any rate, i find no reason to even consider this on a religious stand point, and feel you should only consider your feelings on the issue.
Report - Delete



Nick P. wroteat 5:48pm on May 18th, 2008
Thank for very much Mr. Bowman for an actual answer. Ladies and gentlemen who read this can use it as a shining example. I don't know how wrong some people would see themselves fucking those drunk chicks though, there are enough doosh crowds that would all but inflate the acceptance and ego of the guy coming back with the stories. I wonder if perhaps that same type of connection of feeling can still be achieved by those 99% who can just doing it for the physical reasons when/if they were to experience it with someone they thought they were in love with. Major focus on one girl totally detracts/kills what you see yourself capable of doing with any other.