Thursday, March 15, 2007

[20] Religion Blogs Are Fun, Trust Me, Just Yourself More

You want a pissed off blog that has nothing to do with girl problems, here you go. I'm watching this Evangelical thing on Hbo where all this brainwashing crap is telling people that evolution does not exist. All of a sudden because someone accepts Christ they can justify not thinking for themselves. What the hell does an erected bone structure of T-Rex mean to you? Your happy and don't fear death and all your dancing and singing means that you're A ok. I want to point a gun at some young kids head right at that moment and have hin laugh in my face to prove it. I swear these people kill me, the ideal behind Christianity is great, all of it makes sense, everyone happy and loving and yada yada you get the point. Unfortunately, these people want to take parts of the bible, they want to twist phrases and create all the "Christian" events and simply because they put that title before it its holy and powerful. 
I like what Bill Maher said, "God doesn't write books, I want to give him more credit." I wonder about people and their interactions. Mega churches and scripture beaten into people really scare me with how quickly things could turn wrong with the "right" types of preachers. It feels like I'm watching a cult, and I seriously doubt that's how God wants to convey His "message." People need to feel accepted and it feels like they either wear Abercrombie, pierce their cocks, or become Christian. Are they hungry for God or hungry for excuses and a need to feel secure about their opinions. If they can even call them their opinions. Its so easy to get wrapped up in a shroud. What kills me, what I simply cannot put out of my head is this. All my thinking and headaches and seemingly random crap that goes through my head. All my years of not being religious or faithfully calling myself a Christian.
I came to these conclusions about life and human interaction and faith and all this other crap that no one seems to want to take the time to really think about, and I did it without once cracking a bible. Movies, quotes, people have opened my eyes to views and ideas that perfectly in line with the Christian ideal. Basic crap about human nature, listening to your conscious, the definition of morals. I could argue that the bible is sometimes used as a crutch for the weak mind. People would tell me its God speaking through me and he made me think those things or what have you. If you say that then your just as ready to take the devil as a scapegoat when you mess up. People lose their sense of responsibility and shame because one Sunday they danced and sang after they fucked their dog and now its all ok. I hear someone saying on this show "you're a big time loser if you don't believe in Jesus" where was this guy when the passage "judge ye lest not be judged" passage was said.
 Put a handful of these wonder bread hicks in Merrillville and lets see how Godly they are to the black kids walking around. Do these people look at their lives critically and cynically ever? Bush is one of those awesome Christians right? Nuff said and great job there. You can believe in marriage, great, ok good not to have abortions. Ask one of these people what happens when some 14 girl gets knocked up by her dad. A plan for that baby, girl, and family. Who says that just because you believe in gay marriage or rights and life means you're contradictory? How many crack babies have you adopted today? Definitely not a Christian commercial there right. The proliferation of happiness and love, be it with some homos or not, is not the damnation of life. Who the hell made that true? I can believe in Jesus, repent, actively seek and find apparently, but I don't know if these people are seeking or being herded. Fucking Republicans, God forbid you have "good Christian values" and bad ideas. 
These churches teach you to judge. When they "educate" kids you can see it in their little faces the lack of thought or reasoning they have as to why they said that. They scroll through the list of words and passages from mommy and daddy gave them and recite it back for a cookie. I'm tired of the "everything is alright" mentality in the name of Christ to un or partially informed "Christians." And wasn't some prominent "Christian" leader of this mega church a fag? You know maybe my situation is one giant message from God because if Dream Girl started acting like these people, mind you I don't see it happening but I'm no future teller, then ya……I hate this all, I hate that these people join a church or faith that says one thing and means so much  more. It's mob mentality. 
This gay guy I watch crying in this pew, going to this church where he's not accepted is more real and closer to God to me then this fat old guy standing up on his pew looking so satisfied and content in his prowess centered on hate. Open your arms and close your eyes and the war in Iraq will stop uh huh.. Listen to a Christian rock band and you'll hear God. God doesn't like tattoos one place will preach and then another "church" is formed by people with full bodied tats that express their love. And people wonder why I have a cynical view on things. Would people that followed Hitler say he was on a power trip? Its not about the ideas behind the power trip, its not about the message, it's about the actual situation. Who says that some preacher who's "faith" is sooo strong is nothing more than a man who likes power. He likes seeing hands wave and people jump when he screams Jesus. No one knows, everyone believes. It says we're suppose to read the bible in order to know God. It doesn't say we will know Him it just says that's the method. 
God is over our heads like a complicated joke. He doesn't say you can't be educated and fight the doubt in your mind with logic and hardship in order to find the right path and strengthen your faith. If anything I think massively believing one thing and constantly having people barrage you with the "right" path will send you farther from where you need to be, than if you were to live as a regular "sinner." I don't advocate bad things and hateful thinking and all the other crap, but I do promote knowledge and experience and reasoning. God created those things, the devil manipulated them. That doesn't mean they are inherently wrong and that when you think something or partake in some "ungodly" act that the message God wants to send to you is any less powerful than when pastor Bob yelled it at church. Ya but what do I know right, I'm some lost soul to an extremist Evangelical. I have nothing valid to say if I don't quote it from the bible first. My interpretation of life means nothing to anybody right. So stupid and closed minded these people are I can't even rant about it any longer.
Side note a few hours later.....Craig Ferguson talked about being an alcoholic and how to deal with his problem by talking with people who shared his views, thoughts, or paralleled his life. I advocate this process over just about everything. Its how I learn, its why I think so much, its how you solve unresolvable problems, its a way to be really connected and share more than just time with someone. Coincidence that Jesus did the same thing? You want to hoot and holler about your Christianity then great, but don't act like their arn't other ways for finding direction than to be beaten over the head with a bible and locked within the confines of a judgemental faction that thinks for you.