Saturday, October 7, 2006

[14] God Or Something Like It, Deceiving Appearances

DISCLAIMER: Back when I started writing, I had no qualms about rambling, shit punctuation, no paragraphs, and text speak versions of words. I didn't spell check. It's not until about the 20s of the blogs where I pretend I have a grasp of the English language.


Current mood: discontent
Well after reading the definition of love on Wikipedia and my stomach in knots I figure why not see what's in my head. According to the bible God is love. I think this is insanely interesting because if God is love that would make it infallible, perfect, in essence what every human being should aspire to, value, and live for. So then I start wondering, Well if God is love why do people, namely if not frequently those who are absorbed in Christianity, tell me to just get over the girl I say I love. Could there be a bigger oxymoron than that? God is in you, knows what you think, completely understands everything you do or don't do, gave you every asset of your being and yet when he's on the hamster wheel in your stomach you should just give up and punch in at signs of distress? I don't believe that you can feel a certain way about someone for so long and have it all motivated out of pride. As I was reading I connected to a piece if not fully to every definition that was proposed. Love is ineffable (cannot be expressed in words). I don't understand where people think enough talking and focusing elsewhere is going to make you feel better if the love seems unrequited. I want to know what the people who pray everyday, try to work for God, ask for forgiveness and all the other good stuff do when their deepest wishes and prayers go unanswered. Everyone can say its all part of the bigger plan and for this reason or another but what is really going on in the psyche of one of those people. Not a shade of doubt arises? No anger, just complete understanding, HA! Ya right, even the bible calls that one. But then to make it all better the bible says start back at the beginning of the line where everything made you feel happy and enlightened then everything will be alright again. Anyone else see a trend? I'm not going to lie, my first thoughts about getting into or learning about religion weren't at first related to being with God. But then, after you gain perspective and start to realize more and more how wrong you were/are can you still justify buying into everything when it feels as though God or at least his followers are contradicting themselves, moreover, in the most important area of life? All I can really talk about or be completely honest about is myself and what I see in my world. I doubt I'm as worthy as those who are "seeing" and "hearing" God everyday but why can't I seem to feel secure in the type of love He assures or is expressing to me that others want to praise so highly? I can't stop the stomach churning, I would if I could. And the very fact that I can't leaves me to believe that someone or something is telling me that it isn't suppose to stop and is suppose to keep influencing my decisions and putting me through the sleepless nights and headaches. And if the one thing that I can have faith in, God, is making all this happen and is actually talking and showing Himself in, trust me, the only way that I would be responsive to, then how am I the stupid one for not giving up?


The bible says to avoid all temptation? Even the urge that temps you to strive for love?