Friday, June 20, 2008

[99] Short Thing On Joyse Meyer

Friday, June 20, 2008 at 6:35am

I watch this Joyce Meyer ministries in the morning because I never sleep, and I can't tell you how many times I wish I was in the room to refute some b/s statement she makes. She goes "People always wonder, Oh what am I going to have to give up now that I've become a Christian" to which she lists, depression, loneliness, sin, anger. Since when are you only a pathetic depressed person if you are not a Christian? People are so blatantly insulting its beyond even feeling angry. She goes on to say that she couldn't find a reason to get out of bed because the world is just so messed up with all the fake and deceitful people. I think if that's your mentality then stay the hell in bed. If your working a platform from your depressing outlook on life, what kind of message is that? My life would be shit if I was doing anything else, so it must be the best thing ever. Okay.

"There is no other savior." They say this over and over. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. Why? Because Jesus said he was the way, the truth, and the light. There is no other way. Jesus said so. He even wrote it down in the bible so we could remember that he did in fact say it. The most annoying thing about these kinds of people is how frequently they talk and talk with nothing to say. No one is learning any history or facts about "Jesus" they just get to hear about some old bitch’s life and how the voice in her head motivates her to stay the razor blade. Long drawn out analogies about some learning point from their lives all boiling down to some bible quote appearing on the screen. They say all these things that are technically true, but add nothing to the analogy or truth of what their saying. For example, "dollars are green!" don't you understand now? There’s money in the bible, the bible loves nature!

"He that believes in me has everlasting life." I don't want everlasting life. I barely want ten minutes with nothing to do. "You must be born again." This is obviously another place they needed to interpret and extract because I think the following would die the more you pressured people to crawl back in. "I believe there are millions of people that watch this program every day." This is something you don't have to believe, just ask your producer. Another place where they blur factual knowledge with what they can "believe." God “offering” his love seems weird. You don’t offer love, you just do it. When someone rejects it, the last thing you want to do is burn them forever. Well, with a healthy sort of love I mean. It always kills me that right after you pray with them, they have something you can buy that will help you understand your personal connection with God all the quicker.

It always bothers me to see thousands of idle hands raised in the air, just sitting there like lazy sacks of meat.