Monday, June 23, 2008

[100] Killer Times Dawg...Killer

Monday, June 23, 2008 at 9:10am

I have this feeling going on, and I think its stemming from a couple different things, so I’m just going to write until I’m not writing anymore.

I’m reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, and all I can say is it is the most amazing book I’ve ever read. I can’t fully put into words what goes on in my head as I read though this book, just this overwhelming sense of awe that someone can portray so beautifully ideas I thought were either dead and ill construed, or lost amidst the infuriating simpleton facade fueling baneful existence. Obviously I’m ordering anybody who reads this to read the book as well. Non-negotiable.

George Carlin just died. This I find crappy because I rather enjoyed his standup and basically agreed with everything he’s ever said. He was a role model for speaking out about the ludicrousness exhibited in religion, and a purveyor of simple and direct talk. I still am in the middle of When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops. It’s funny because I spend a lot of time thinking about death. I already know I won’t cry when my family starts to go. I get this worried feeling not about death, but about what people are missing out on before they die. I don’t mean sight-seeing or grand accomplishments. I mean a sort of mindset. Well, not even a sort, just The mindset. I hate to sound redundant bringing up the theme of excuses, but it feels appropriate. When someone denies themselves the opportunity to think or do something because of some formality or taboo, they’ve denied what defines the human spirit. Be it the confluence of billions of years of evolution or the imposition of some divine thing, recognizing and affirming the “I” has been the non-stop force spearheading every advancement. I’ve been saying for a while that I think people should be more selfish, if only to be more honest. That’s one of the things I love so much about The Fountainhead. Simply put ideas than I can ramble about are unraveled and expressed masterfully.

I just watched a little clip from Fox News, if you can call it that, about some new faith healer. Why? Why are we beleaguered with such drivel. I swear I’m waiting for the hour long special about the pink giraffe some news anchors daughter put on the fridge all by herself. They had some other woman on there saying in so many words that she didn’t want to offend the preacher, but there are so many people who’ve been shown to be frauds in the past that she was still going to remain skeptical until the medical records became forthcoming. This is a bigger problem for me than the wasted time airing the preacher. Why do you feel the need to say that you don’t mean to offend someone you know, I know, and everyone with common sense of faith knows, is full of shit? Why take two minutes amidst your bullshit formality and cordialness to say that you’re a Christian and you have faith, but you’re not
that crazy. When you say you believe in the power of faith, you just mean to the extent that it makes coincidence feel like they were meant to be. The power of god is so strong that you bumped into that cute guy at the coffee shop, but healing a broken arm is just way out of His league. I think if the news was dedicated to reporting every new or hardworking organization dedicated to advancing human knowledge and welfare, it would inspire and enlighten people to do the same. How about some news about CERN or specific debates and discussions about upcoming presidential policies. All you hear are fabricated conversations and puddle skipping stories about lost dogs or how to lose weight.

I’m sick of being bored all the time. I can’t find the right kind of people who can appreciate what it is to have fun. Simply being around people you refer to as friends, is not fun. Hanging out at White Castle creating an extremely random and hysterical scenario involving Black Castle, GRAW 2, and gold window frames….well you had to be there. It’s when you can make times that your laughing so hard that you can’t breathe you know you’re having fun. This is perhaps why I’ve never been drawn towards the whole alcohol and drug scene. I literally have so much more fun in remaining coherent while I stumble upon a laughable character or exciting situation. Though the new and exciting experiences are not forthcoming at the moment, I remain a firm believer that there is always something worthwhile you can be doing that doesn’t involve slow suicide. I think it’s bread into society that simply being involved in social activities, no matter what they are, sends out how friend worthy you really are. Everyone look at me I’m fitting in. That’s another thing I love so much about this book. It shows that person to the extreme and parallels it with struggle of genuine will. Bah, I’m sure there’s more to say, but this started off random and is ending prematurely anyway.