Wednesday, July 20, 2016

[520] Ode to My Basement

Here no one can hurt me
Here I can lie and lie
Here it is warm and cozy
Here could be a nice place to die

I shouldn't stay nor should I go
There's nothing to and nothing fro
Burn it down, it's all a show
Never are sure of what you know

Here I can read and write it too
Here I can sleep and dream
Here I can bang or blow a tune
Here I reign supreme

I am trapped in my own mind
It's the only one of its kind
Nowhere to run, I cannot hide
Too much of the world provides

Here I drive myself insane
Here we mask each inch of pain
Here the crooked point holds weight
Here lies buried a life of hate

I stare blankly at the wall
Curl up tight into a ball
Every instant ever so small
With each step you mind the fall

Here I stand in stark contrast
Here I have noise and shapes
Here things move too fast
Here I start to waste

There but for the grace of God
To other worlds I give a nod
Need to feel or else so odd
Point me to nearest escape pod

Here I fight the silence
Here I am fighting the noise
Here I can play with the violence
Here I'm not one of your toys

I wait around for nothing new
Listen close it could be true
Probably not, left black and blue
Dramatic save not meant for you

Here I run on empty
Here I can see the end
Here I given you entry
Here where reality bends

Trickled out speck by speck
I never know what's coming next
No relief in 'nother breath
Not soon enough my impending death

No comments:

Post a Comment