Sunday, August 2, 2009

[191] Post Show Thoughts

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 12:11am

I went to warped tour, and can't help my propensity to ridicule.

First, your 200 plus pound 15 year old ass should not be crowd surfing under any circumstance. When that ass gets dropped on my head, pulls my hair, and leaves me concussed, I hate you. And when that ass is about to faint and it takes three security people, and 7 hands in the pit to barely pour you over the rail it's called a news flash.

It isn't a contest to see who has the most "frilly flick-out-of-your-eyes" type hair. Nor are your oddly placed piercing telling me your an individual. It's one thing to do it for you, a completely different thing to do it to show how "into the scene and music" you are.

There are a lot a lot a lot of weird looking people. I thought I could get enough just walking around the mall, but fill tweeter center and get a couple hours between shows and damn.

I'm severely burdened by the amount of parents willing to drop off their, literally 11-15 year olds at the concert. "Somehow" they can all identify the smell of weed, scream their stupid heads off that it's cramped and hot in the third fucking row of a pit of 8,000 people, and walk around barefoot after their sandals miraculously came off during the show.

Actually, come to think of it, I just hate crowd surfing period. Your so full of yourself and enjoyment that the only way to release it is to drop your ass onto the heads of people who just want to watch the show and focus on how they can position their bodies to breath. And it's usually not enough to just do it once and prove to your friends that your wild and crazy, no you go back, and keep tumbling through 5 or 6 times, even when there is no fucking music playing. Idiot assholes.

I hate Devil Wears Prada. I hate the idea of a christian screamo band to begin with, but I think it's extra stupid when you toss out at the end of your show that, "you know guys, jesus is your friend too...and that's not meant to weird anybody out or anything it's just what we believe and what we claim." If your deity ,so full of love and awesome, is there and you believe so strongly in him, you'd think enough of him to not have to make a concession that it would bother someone to bring him up. Something tells me all the christians in the audience who are screaming their obscenities and being all too teenager, give half a fuck about what you claim to believe in, and if their screams confirm you're doing it right, you're not just wrong and stupid, you're desperate.

$9.50 for a slice of pizza means I shouldn't have seen anybody with a slice of pizza, not at least 20 people.

When your at the front of the pit, and your friend is disconnected from you, don't turn around, claw into those around you, and try to reclaim your grip on them. Not only are you taking up space that isn't being used to enjoy the music, your being a complete bitch who's willing to hurt people for the sake of keeping a hand on someone in a situation where you can't convey anything to begin with. In the same vein, when I hear you say "someone's poking my boob, I can't feel my arms, it's hot, I can't move, who's touching me!?, I need to get out of here" at the top of your lungs for 20 minutes, you deserve to die for your stupidity.

I don't know how you can justify elbowing someone in the kidney, neck, or direct spine, no matter how cramped it is. It's such a basic courtesy in that situation to find some arm positing that isn't in the most painful places for everyone around you.

I might add to this later, but I had to get a least this out.
Top of Form
Updated about 7 months ago · Comment · LikeUnlike
Kristopher Walker likes this.
Sounds like a very interesting experience. If I wouldn't be completely surrounded by strangers and be extremely uncomfortable I'd totally go. But that's a little much for me. I'd be one of those stupid people freaking out cuz of everyone in my space touching me and so on.

It is amazing the kinds of things people do with their children. Dropping them off at concerts and then the kids just being retarded once they get there. It seems people don't use their brains very often.
August 2, 2009 at 11:44am ·
Bottom of Form