Saturday, June 3, 2023

[1042] Wrecked

How about this. I'll write my current hell as it's happening. I'm currently in the backseat of the Camaro with the kid driving. We're cruising between 90-100 miles per hour. He's already swerved through traffic, hit the gas hard through a residential/construction area to run a red light. He's blasting rap music. He's in look-over-at-my-friend conversation. I've texted my friend saying, "I want you to take over driving."

The kid is volatile. He gets aggressive and would certainly be the cause of any accident the Camaro is involved in. He's hairs away from cars, and a biker, he flashed his lights at and sped around on the way up. I don't feel safe in the real way where one surprise or issue crushes this sports car and because....? We don't want to set an appropriate boundary and expectation for this kid who needs to be constantly appeased or danced around?

I'm over it in a way I wish I had arrived at before I ever agreed to buy a ticket for him. I get all the work my friend has done to get the kid to whatever point you want to describe him as. There's been and continues to be a huge missing piece in this whole endeavor. If you want to build all of that into your household, whatever. But I'm here. I'm not unfairly asking to be appeased across unreasonable metrics. You can't make the kid less of a dick or emotionally stable. You can say, "Hey bro, I wanna drive."

Oh yeah, the various cartridges of weed and vape shit is fogging the air and and adding to the headache of being a good 6 inches too tall for the roof.

We'll regularly discuss the circumstance in which the kid might end up dead or in jail. It's a kind of forgone conclusion that this whole thing could fail quickly and miserably. If the kid has a prayer, I don't wish to be along for the ride.

I'm fucking up by playing along. I don't like the kid, trust the kid, or want any kind of dynamic with him That's what it is. I'm not obligated to this psuedo-theurapudic dance. I have to survive 2 more hours with this Camaro potential projectile and then I'm never even flirting with this kind of shit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment