Sunday, March 13, 2016

[489] Untitled

I will love you for a lifetime
A promise made in haste
Barely knowing my own tongue
And how sweet a cigarette can taste

I will love you till we’re old
A promise yet unearned
Time will tell how very bold
A heart pounds as it yearns

I will love you till our 30’s
Make a break before the crisis
Getting hard to keep it flirty
Had a thing for your half sis

I will love you till you walk
Down the aisle stepping through
I will love you as you talk
In one deep breath, “I do.”

I will love you for a day
Always nice for something new
As we smile and laugh and play
The thought of leaving leaves me blue

I will love you for a night
Extra hard with every shot
Even as I lose each fight
That cries, “Please, forget me not”

I will love you for an hour
Cuddled up or hot and heavy
Either way I’ll need a shower
Easier to release that levy

I will love you for a minute
Smashing joke and pantomime
T’wer a contest I’d let you win it
To keep ahold of passed time

I will love you for a moment
Only time that’s tried and true
So afraid I’ve never shown it
When I found me in you

No comments:

Post a Comment