Monday, September 14, 2009

[199] Potential

Monday, September 14, 2009 at 12:59pm

I don't know where my head's at today. I'm trying to pull myself into too many directions and I think I'm going to fuck something up by expecting too much. At the same time, I need to keep the flow of positive energy, out of preference and utility more than straight necessity I should say. I find myself making the same sorts of speeches time and again. Things like, if you want to get drunk and high, things that cost money, why would you not focus on making money in order to stay drunk and high? Also, if you collaborate and think about what makes you happy and what you can provide, you can create your own job, future, and atmosphere that doesn't even remotely resemble school and typical work day. The more I talk to people I get more support for two very conflicting ideas. I try to find the individual in people and that nature that makes them significant and real, and it's easier to get a sense of that through talking with them. At the same time, I hear enough stories about the vast number of plain idiots in charge. One side motivates me to continue working and discovering these peoples' natures and utility, the other says how many retards are ready to fuck it all up. On top of that, there are people who aren't even retarded that position themselves to fuck things up, whether that was truly their intention or not, just by virtue of remaining unaware or unmotivated.

No one lives in a vacuum, and whether it pains me to think of it or not, I will have to rely on other people for some things. For whatever reason I somehow expect that other people want to be happy. At the very least the people around me, given that as far as appearances go, parties are fun as shit. I find it hard to believe that I could have such a good time around that many people faking or drowning in self-loathing. Or perhaps my reasoning is flawed. It may be purely in a party atmosphere that people are happy and on the ride home people ready their razor blades. Or, maybe it's in the combination of people, or in the lighting....Either way, I understand most of our species has subscribed to their death cult and do everything they can to deny they are living, but I will still run the risk that my friends give a shit about themselves, want to succeed, and want to be happy. We'll see how naive I prove to be in the coming months I suppose.

I brought the big white board upstairs and drew a little diagram of how much money can accumulate when 10-12 people saved certain amounts each day, week, month, and six months. This was in response to contemplating how much money is getting blown daily on weed and/or cigarettes. I hear tons of ideas of things people would like to do and I want to be in the business of helping. Our world takes money if you can't find an island, so make that the "priority" and give yourself the freedom to do you. I'm amazed at how many people don't really know what they want to do with their lives when I initially asked, but give them ten minutes and a list magically appears. To me this begs the question, if you know "subconsciously" why not bring it to the surface and work on it now? I've been sold for quite some time that college is a relative waste to me when it comes to money and time spent, and I'm hardly the only one who's come to this conclusion. If multi-billion dollar industries can be built around dolphin love and conspiracy theories, when are we going to wake up that it doesn't take much to prosper, and we might as well have a good time while we're trying.