Friday, December 2, 2011

[256] The Bottom Line

I’ll sell you a dream. I’ll make you believe. Try me, buy me, hold me, love me. Make sure your time is spent tryin to find what went out from your life and how it was spent. Not up for you to decide if it was right or wrong, just tryin to get by and buy some semblance of happiness. I’ll sell you a dream, like sweet cream you’ll be smooth and lean like the mean machine that brought you to the show. 99 cents doesn’t that sound great? Doesn’t That Sound Great!?! 99 problems, heart attack to come. It’s a gun to your head poppin off at the seams. What it seems to me is that you could use a, yous a loser, choose a new one, a band aide, a great escape from the scrape to get by.

I’ll sell you a dream. You’ll have buckets of money, yes duckets for hunnies, and peace. Your mind at ease, don’t have to fall to your knees thanking sleaze for this chance to beat your meat. But please, your prey, you must obey and pay it backward. Fuck the mall? FUCK ‘EM ALL! It’s our world son, cashing in, you’re so dumb. There’s a lesson in store, work to be poor, stomp your foot, slam the door, don’t try to defy in spite of their lies, their spiteful lives. There empty tries to find a reason to keep dreaming, their lives well spent pleading, repeating mistakes until you can’t take it, you’re crippled and stripping what you never had from those who can’t bring themselves to fake it like you.

What’s it gonna take to make you, break your foot off in an ass and say thank you, this opportunity is amazing I’m gracious, the pugnacious bastard in me wants you to taste this. Aimin for your head, here’s the pitch, I’m swingin for the fences you never cared to mend. Wring out your throat for a single note of truth as you struggle and plead with your eyes, balling up, bulging out for a moments reprieve. How’s it taste? Like humble pie? So that’s what I’ve been choking down all this time.