Thursday, June 10, 2010

[223] Midnight Madness

It isn’t until the wee hours of the morning I can be creative. And of course by creative I mean deep enough in thought to forget who I’ve stolen from. I don’t think there are any answers. Only stories, methods, and tendencies. You’ll take only what you’re capable of from anything. It’s terrifying to think you have to lose so much in order gain so much. What could be a more deconstructive process? If who, what, and when is so ready and capable of shifting. You’re always in flux. Or maybe you’re not, but everything about you and your environment is, so why not “you?” What is it called when you maintain during endless flux. Self? Observing? Collapsing? Your particles are shifting, connected to things you can’t ever know. Your decisions constantly affecting and controlling what is and isn’t. What happens when you realize you already have ultimate power? You don’t want it. You don’t qualify it as powerful, just a matter of fact.

I connect with characters. They are the dramatic portraying of what actually goes on, and yet they feel more real to me than much of my day to day. It’s easier for me to imagine getting on in an episode of skins than in life. Or maybe it’s just simply appealing because it isn’t my life. Because a story is in place, one I can kind of rely on. Characters resolve, generally. The story can’t die. It can be relied upon. They play with death, drugs, and emotions. They speak to ideals we wish we saw in others. Love. Bliss. Trust. And we’re made to believe that even in a world we’d never want to actually imagine these things exist.

I have a corner, but I want a corner. I don’t want to make sense to people can’t make sense. I wanna be OCD, if not just obsessive. I want cohorts. Losing the attachment makes you inhuman. I wonder what it feels like to have an emotional component to being completely understood. I don’t respect isolated emotion. It’s too easy to get angry, it can be just as easy to be happy, if you want. I don’t necessarily think you lucky if you are disposed to “falling in love” with people you are desperate to connect with.

I can’t help it. The danger coupled with infinite opportunity to learn. To tell a different story. A compelling story. One that changes you before you can dictate how.

How can you ask that of someone? To get lost in them. To understand. You can’t. Unless you both can appreciate just how quickly it can change. Mutually reverence for the moment. Amplify the observation. Make real infinite potential.

I should play more.

Do I stay up to prove to myself that I won’t run out? That I have more control when I really try to. Sleep is a condition, a compulsion, but not what controls. Do I abstain out of fear or respect? Have I already tasted what it is I’d be losing? When I stopped loving I stopped feeling such a ridiculously driving force I allowed it to control me. Control is important, no? There was a time that she didn’t have a hold on me, other than being the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen. But I wasn’t dramatic. I wasn’t prepared to lose myself happily. I wasn’t prepared to think of anything but myself under the spell of love. Maybe I find myself too convincing. I got too many ridiculous ideas and have trapped myself into them because I’m too sold by how they made me feel. Is it just because it was the first time? I find myself obsessive because it was a sole incident? Am I looking for the next one? The next one would have to be a completely different flavor. What does that say about the original? What does it say about the feeling? Do I behave in reaction to what I’m not feeling? Comparing all others as if there is a standard. But of course there is, her individual person, something you can’t “logically” compare across people. I won’t be a slave.

How am I so unable to stop thinking about the same things? And what the fuck is it doing to my mind…

Punctuated moments of sincerity. Save your tears for when they matter. So many loose ends.